We are on the lookout for a highly skilled Account Director for an award-winning Marketing Agency, based in Fleet.
Our client is an insight-driven healthcare communications agency that creates and delivers highly effective, bespoke marketing and medical communication programmes.
To be considered you must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a senior level Marketing or Marketing Account Manager role within the MedComms sector.
There are three equally important elements of the Account Director role:
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered to the highest quality standards, within budget and exceeding clients’ expectations
- Taking overall accountability for own client accounts, including building and maintaining effective client relations, meeting financial targets and ensuring quality delivery of programmes by self, other team members and third party suppliers
- Identifying potential issues with delivery of programmes, considering potential solutions and seeking appropriate internal direction and support
- Developing organic growth within existing clients by proactively identifying opportunities and proposing appropriate solutions for clients
- Identifying other new business opportunities arising for potential development within the core team
- Leading and preparing for new business pitches, including development of communications strategies, operational recommendations, budgets and pitch presentations
Internal Management and Team Leadership
- Leading, managing and inspiring own team directly and through a matrix structure
- Working with the senior team to ensure that effective internal standard processes, training, and review procedures are followed in order to deliver quality programmes for clients
- Identifying individual training and development needs within account team(s)
Experience and Competencies Required
- Demonstration of career progression in medical communications or medical education agencies
- A track record of managing successful client accounts and involvement in new business pitches
- Demonstration of leadership and mentoring skills and the ability to recruit and develop team members
- Experience in medical communications in order to derive medical communications strategies and appropriate operational plans on a national and international basis
- Strong analytical, enquiring, insightful and strategic thinking abilities
- Strong writing, presentation and communications skills
- Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A flexible, thoughtful approach to getting the best from both clients and colleagues
- The ability to work as a versatile, supportive team player
- A demonstrable high degree of energy and enthusiasm for work; prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ and work flexible hours when necessary
We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates.
Due to the high number of applicants received for our job postings, we are not able to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the application process.
Should you be interviewed for one of our vacancies (either phone or face to face), you will always receive considered feedback from us once a decision has been reached.
Thank you for showing an interest in the opportunity.