We are seeking a Assistant Resort Manager for a busy leisure resort, located on the stunning cliffs of Kingswear in Devon.
Working in their small, friendly team, you will report directly to the Resort Manager and also support the Board of Directors with ad-hoc projects.
This is a brand-new position and offers excellent long-term career prospects in a highly successful and financially stable business.
If successful, your first six months’ objectives will include learning the full range of activities which all staff members undertake across the business and create a value-adding Operations Manual from this. The manual should cover all aspects of work undertaken at the resort, including all systems of operation, processes and key contacts.
Once the new Assistant Resort Manager has settled and completed the Operations Manual project, you will start to take responsibility for specific areas of the business (such as marketing the resort), as well as further projects, as directed by the Board or HR Consultant.
The Assistant Resort Manager will also be expected to manage the resort in the absence of the Resort Manager, for example during periods of annual leave.
To be considered for the Assistant Resort Manager role you must:
- Have a minimum of two years’ supervisory level experience in hospitality, leisure or retail
- Live within a 30 minute drive of Kingswear and have access to your own vehicle
- Be flexible, reliable and able to work Saturdays and carry an on-call phone
- Have exceptional communication and administrative skills
- Be highly organised, with the confidence and ability to think on your feet
- Be able to remain calm in busy, or stressful situations
- Have strong time-management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Have a ‘hands-on’ approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Be a naturally positive, friendly, caring and approachable individual
The Assistant Resort Manager role will be highly varied and rewarding. The successful candidate will join a business with a real ‘family’ feel, where everyone is valued and supported.
We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates. Due to the high number of applicants received for our job postings, we will not be able to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the selection process. Should you be selected for interview (either phone or face to face), once this has been concluded a decision either way has been reached, we will provide you with considered feedback.
Thank you for showing an interest in the opportunity.