We are on the lookout for a strong IT Support Engineer, who can deliver exceptional customer service and technical support to a range of SME clients throughout Poole and Bournemouth.
Working for a well-established IT consultancy business with an excellent local reputation, you must be a self-motivated, positive and helpful individual who loves problem-solving and displays excellent communication skills.
As an IT Support Engineer, you must be able to work confidently on your own (sometimes under pressure for time, or technical issues on-site with a client), but also be a collaborative team-player, as you will become an important part of their friendly team of IT Engineers and office staff.
Key responsibilities of the IT Support Engineer role include:
- Troubleshooting hardware, software, network, wireless and broadband problems
- Diagnosing and solving technical issues, both remotely and on customer sites
- Delivering primarily 1st and 2nd Line levels of IT support
- On-site installation and configuration of desktop and server hardware, software and peripherals
- Installation and configuration of router/firewall devices and wireless networks
- Administration and troubleshooting of customer cloud-based services; including Microsoft Office 365 services
- Administration and troubleshooting of customer on-premise servers; including Active Directory, Exchange Server, SQL Server and backups
- Administration and troubleshooting of VoIP phone systems
- Installation and testing of small CAT5e/CAT6 structured cabling networks and associated hardware
- Establishing a good working relationship with clients and other professionals
To be considered for the IT Service Engineer role, you must:
- Have a minimum of two years’ IT support, or service desk experience
- Have advanced skills and technical knowledge and experience of Office 365
- Be well-versed in problem-solving technical issues on Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Have experience of IP Networking and Firewalls
- Have a full UK (or equivalent) Driving Licence
If you love working on multiple IT related projects and enjoy customer facing roles with a variety of different clients, this is the ideal company and opportunity for you.
We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates. Due to the high number of applicants received for our job postings, we are not able to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the application process.