We are looking for a talented Lead Developer for a fast-growing and award-winning fintech start-up company based in North London.
You will have experience of both front-end and back-end developing, so you can take full ownership of the company’s codebase. Working collaboratively with the Head of Product, your mission will be to build product features to increase sign-ups and sign-up speed and provide new functionality to increase UX and engagement.
The successful Lead Developer will need to be familiar with the company’s existing technology, which includes:
- Node JS and Mongo DB hosted on AWS
- Integrations with other platforms, such as HubSpot and other API data
- Expectation to adopt React which you will lead
This will be a highly varied and interesting role and you will have a range of responsibilities that will include:
- Designing technical solutions that help build what we need to build
- Present big ideas to the Directors and Founders
- Provide input to planned product changes and have your finger on the pulse of what customers expect with common design patterns
- Design new internal technical tools that help our team manage our customers more effectively
You will also need to be an expert in building technology that:
- Balances the trade-offs between scalability and go-to-market time
- Improves testing capabilities, whilst creating and developing new features/enhancements
- Drives improvement wherever possible
To be considered for the Lead Developer role, you must have/be:
- 4+ years Agile development experience (incl. front-end and back-end services/databases), with experience of building for mobile users within the browser
- Experience in using React and integrating with REST APIs
- Proficiency with source control management systems such as GIT
- Experience with common AWS setup, such as using S3 buckets
- Some experience with DevOps tools e.g. Jenkins
- Financial experience preferred but not essential
- Demonstrable experience of leading substantial technology builds
The successful Lead Developer will benefit from:
- A modern, vibrant, energising and creative working environment in one of the leading fintech co-working spaces
- Flexible hours
- A competitive salary, based on experience and technical expertise
- Professional coaching and development
- Regular team socials and activities (when allowed!)
- Social and community events (again, when possible!)
Our Client is a company that really cares about its people and offers a culture that is collaborative, inclusive, fun, fast-paced and flexible – a company and environment that doesn’t feel like work!
We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates. Due to the high number of applicants received for our job postings, we are not able to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the application process.
Should you be interviewed for one of our vacancies (either phone or face to face), you will always receive considered feedback from us once a decision has been reached.
Thank you for showing an interest in the opportunity.