We’re looking for a customer focused, creative and commercially driven Marketing Manager for a well-funded, next generation comparison site tech start-up based in Wrexham.
Our client is on a mission to reimagine how we compare and buy financial services and utility products.
This is a brand new role and a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in shaping the marketing function to underpin the company’s next phase of growth.
- Working with our digital agency on the creation, development, and execution of our PPC, SEO, Paid Social, Organic Social and Email activities
- Co-ordination of our weekly marketing plans, working on planned and ad-hoc campaigns to take advantage of commercial opportunities.
- Developing creative ideas and testing new marketing channels
- You will be technically minded, with an understanding and ideally working knowledge of Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, GA4, Google Ads, Google Data Studio, Bing Ads, Hotjar (or similar) etc, and be able to quickly pick up using our customer data platform and email technologies.
- Managing the content of our websites including our corporate/investor website
- Working as part of our product labs team, having an understanding of user experience and interaction design, conversion rate optimisation, and conversion flow from ecommerce, lead generation and comparison environments.
- You will be tasked with creating and implementing an integrated marketing plan focused on acquiring new customers and growing revenue per customer via marketing activity to our existing customer base in line with our target customer acquisition costs.
The Ideal Candidate:
We’re looking for someone with demonstrable experience of developing and managing B2C marketing campaigns with a data driven outlook and an obsession with analysing results. You will be confident in presenting results and making recommendations for ongoing improvements.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrable marketing leadership experience, particularly in an online environment, ideally within financial services or price comparison
- Development of brand messaging, campaign theming, and execution through multichannel activities
- Experience of managing third parties, particularly creative and digital agencies and freelancers
- Knowledge of email creation using WYSIWG editors
- Hands on experience of email marketing and marketing automation with known platforms (Mailchimp, Salesforce, PipeDrive, Intilery etc)
- Understanding of PPC and SEO
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Confident communicator – you have the ability to influence and work with multiple stakeholders and collaborate with everyone in the business
- Intelligent and creative thinker – able to identify opportunities to drive growth / support our customers
- Data driven, with an analytical and data-driven mindset
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, enthusiastic, aware of the rigours and demands of a growing start-up
We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates.
Due to the high number of applicants received for our job postings, we are not able to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the application process.
Should you be interviewed for one of our vacancies (either phone or face to face), you will always receive considered feedback from us once a decision has been reached.
Thank you for showing an interest in the opportunity.