A rare opportunity to join an established family business as a Residential Property Manager in its Bournemouth regional office. The business owns a vast portfolio of residential and commercial assets across the South, managed in-house by its own team of Property Managers, Building Surveyors, Solicitors and Accountants. The Bournemouth regional office deals with property situated mostly around Bournemouth town centre, and in nearby towns in Dorset and Hampshire.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong independent management skills, be confident in carrying out property inspections unaccompanied and will be enthusiastic in reporting remotely the Head of Residential Property, who is based in London.
The role would suit a social and approachable candidate who would benefit from working in a positive and team-spirited environment and would take advantage of support from the Divisional Director of the Bournemouth office in relation to matters such as external and structural maintenance, and property refurbishment.
Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Proactive asset management of a portfolio of residential property
- Regular telephone and email correspondence with tenants, contractors and professional consultants
- Organising and carrying out periodic property inspections unaccompanied
- Instructing and monitoring reactive maintenance works
- Maintaining a schedule of and organising refurbishment works
- Maintaining a schedule of legal compliance documentation, e.g. Fire Risk Assessments, Landlord Gas Safety Tests, Health & Safety Audits, Asbestos surveys, etc., and ensuring that assessments are carried out when needed and the requirements met
- Instructing and liaising with local letting agents, and monitoring their performance
- Tendering of works and service contracts to ensure value for money is obtained
- Invoice approval
- Minimum three years’ professional experience in the residential property industry
- Proficiency in the management of Assured Shorthold Tenancies and an excellent working knowledge of relevant legislation
We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates.
Due to the high number of applicants received for our job postings, we are not able to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the application process.
Should you be interviewed for one of our vacancies (either phone or face to face), you will always receive considered feedback from us once a decision has been reached.
Thank you for showing an interest in the opportunity.