The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal
information through the business and while you browse or use this website. If you do not agree to the
following policy you may wish to cease viewing or using this website, and refrain from submitting your
personal data to us.
Public key definitions
- “I", “our", “us", or “we" refer to the business, Talent Seeker Ltd.
- “You", “the user" refer to the person(s) using this website
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device
Key principles of GDPR
- We do not collect more information than is necessary or retain information for longer than is deemed necessary
- We only provide your data to select third party clients for the specific purposes listed below
- You do not give out personal information by visiting our website. We only keep track of anonymous traffic data
Personal information we may collect from you and how we use this personal information
You can visit our website without giving away your personal information. Talent Seeker uses Google Analytics and Cookies to improve our service, user experience and to analyse how the website is used. Aside from the approximate location (IP address), the information collected by Google Analytics is mostly anonymous traffic data including browser information, device information and language.
Any collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using the Talent Seeker website. It is not used for any additional purpose, such as to profile those who access our website.
Whilst you can access our website without giving out your personal information, once you contact us via the Talent Seeker website and / or complete an application or registration form, your personal information may be collected and stored by Talent Seeker. Other means of contact may include submitting your CV directly via email, over the telephone or via other sources, which include online jobs boards (Indeed, CV Library, Reed, Facebook, LinkedIn, third party referrals, etc).
The personal information we collect may also come from telephone conversation logs, emails and written and verbal communications. We usually expect to keep a record of your contact details and details of any services we provide to you, for future reference and to ensure that our service is relevant to your requirements, skills and experience.
We may use your personal information to send you direct marketing via email and other communication means when you opt-in for this purpose in the relevant contact form. You may opt-out of receiving future marketing communications at any time by emailing email@example.com
Your personal information will be collected and handled by us for the following purposes
- To fully understand your requirements in order to provide you with recruitment services
(permanent and fixed term contract positions) and improve our service to you
- Internal record keeping
- To respond to your application, request or questions when you contact us
- With your consent, we may also use your contact data for periodic marketing or to send you other
information, or to inform you about services, products, events, etc, which may be of interest to
you. We may communicate through newsletters, email, telephone, mail and/or other
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- Where necessary, to comply with any legal obligation, we may also process your information to:
- Investigate or respond to incidents and complaints
- Comply with obligations and rights and cooperate with investigations carried out by the
police, government or other regulators
Clients' personal information
If you are client or prospective client, we will collect and use information about your organisation and you (or your designated managers) in order to market our recruitment services to you and provide you with our recruitment services. We may also use that information to establish, bring or defend legal claims.
Information about prospective clients, clients and their associated contacts will be processed because it is in our legitimate interests to do so, because it is needed in order to perform a contract or to bring or defend legal proceedings.
What does the law say?
Our use of your information as described above is permitted by applicable data protection law because it is:
- Necessary for our legitimate interests in pursuing the purposes set out above, and such interests in each case not being overridden by your privacy interests;
- In some cases, necessary to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities, such as disclosures to authorities, regulators or government bodies; or
- In some cases, necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest and, when we use special categories of personal information, necessary for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or where the processing relates to personal information manifestly in the public domain
Are you obliged to give us the personal information we ask for?
You are not obliged to provide your personal information to us when browsing our website in general; However we cannot respond to any specific requests for information or provide you with a tailored recruitment and / or job seeking service, unless you do so.
How long will you keep my personal information for?
We will keep your information for as long as you wish to receive our communications and / or use our services to help you seek employment. Thereafter, we may keep your information for a longer period, in order to meet our business, legal or regulatory responsibilities. This will typically be for no more than two years.
Sharing personal information with third parties
To ensure our efficient use of your information and to provide you with content and / or resources, or to fulfil a request you make of us, we disclose your information to third parties. However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
- To suppliers, contractors and agents: from time to time we may engage or employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include the hosting and / or maintaining of website content, or the provision of certain features contained on the website, and the provision of marketing services. Such recipients will only have access to your personal information as required by them to perform their functions and are not permitted to use such personal information for any other purposes. These recipients will be subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
- To clients and prospect clients: After discussion about an opportunity and after receiving your consent, we may share your information with clients of Talent Seeker (existing, lapsed or prospect clients) for the purposes of employment in either a permanent or fixed term contract, with that client or a subsidiary of theirs.
- To government or law enforcement authorities: if we determine in our sole discretion that we are under a legal obligation to do so.
We endeavour to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Cookies that we use are
We use session cookies to ensure that logged in users remain logged into the site. We also use settings cookies to ensure that a user’s preferences remain in place. We also use a Google DART cookie to track analytics, allowing us to improve our website based upon anonymous user data.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the website or any third party. For this reason, any transmission is at your own risk. We will use strict operational procedures and security measures to prevent any unauthorised access, change, deletion or transmission of this personal information.
Talent Seeker has links to other websites that are not managed by Talent Seeker. We do not take responsibility for any information you share with these linked sites. If you are unsure if you have left the Talent Seeker website, check the address bar. If https://www.talentseeker.co.uk is not in the start of the address you have left our website and you should look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How you can access, correct and / or delete your personal information
Under current Data Protection legislation you are entitled to know what personal information an organisation holds about you and how that information is processed. If you wish to know what information we currently hold on you, please contact us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information: You are entitled to request confirmation as to whether we process any of your personal information. Where this is the case, you may have access to your personal information and to certain information about how it is processed. In some cases, you can ask us to provide you with an electronic copy of your information. For any subsequent access request, we may charge you an administration fee.
You have the right to correct your personal information: If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect, you have the right to request that we amend, update or delete any of your personal data.
You have the right to be forgotten / have data deleted: If at any point you wish for Talent Seeker to delete information about you, you can simply contact us, preferably via e-mail to submit this request. This right is, however, subject to any legal rights or obligations we may have to retain data. For situations where, in accordance with the law, we determine that your request to have your personal information deleted must be granted, Talent Seeker will do so without undue delay.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before the receipt of such withdrawal.
You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with your local data protection authority. To exercise your rights, you can contact us via email to email@example.com
We will only send marketing communications to you via email or other communication means if you have consented to us doing so.
We will usually offer you a check box on the forms we use to collect your personal information where, if you agree to receive marketing communications, you have to click the box.
Where we send marketing communications to you via email, you may opt out of receiving any further marketing communications by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt-out’ function in the email. In addition, you can also exercise your opt-out right at any time by contacting us and providing the following information: your name, your email address, a contact telephone number, the marketing communications you would like to opt out of receiving.